The next 29th version of the e-Learning and staff development platform “Collaborator” is released.
We improved the internal mechanisms of the platform, created two new functions – Checklists and Contacts. Furthermore, we changed access to additional course materials and made many other improvements.
In this release:
1. Checklists – a tool for verification and evaluation
2. Contacts – a contact directory of your organization
3. Change of access to additional course materials
4. Creation of notices for webinars
5. Birthdays widget – changed appearance
6. Chat – sending of mp3 files is enabled
7. Changing in titles of Wiki articles
8. Checkpoints in Working Tasks
9. Prevention of autonomous password change
10. Optimization of courses, tests and complex tests
Collaborator v.1.25.0 release – lots of essential improvements:
- Approach for providing learning materials at user’s option is worked over.
– Catalog of courses is rearranged into Catalog of tasks;
– Catalog is available for Guests;
– Task creation process is modernized;
– New filters for task management.
- New type of question is available in polls – “Evaluate on scale”.
- New functions in tests.
– Importing of free-answer questions;
– Setting tags for test questions;
– New way of test question sampling – “By one question from each group”.
- Test protocol for SCORM courses.
- Notifying users about news.
- Inserting of audio resource into resource-pages.
- Improvement of main portal’s page.
- Automatic termination of expired tasks.
- Many minor improvements:
– Number of mandatory fields in user sign up form is reduced;
– Notifying Administrators about self-facilitated sign up by new users;
– Notifying Users about changes in their email, login or password conducted by Administrators;
– New portal options: “do not overwrite login at import” and “prohibit login changing”;
– Directors may review reports on their subordinates participation in webinars;
– Directors may accept or refuse requests for additional testing attempts;
– “Manage only own training programs” right is added for roles;
– Reminders about enabling of browser notifications;
– Group operations of assigning notices to user are enhanced;
– Workshop discussion protocol could be printed out;
– Removing of text formatting in WYSIWYG editor is improved.
Totally, more than 150 changes aimed at development of functionality and improvement of new system functions operation are implemented.
Continue reading Collaborator v.1.25 – “Catalog of courses” evolution and new abilities of creative learning
Today we have published last summer release of Collaborator. This release contains many improvements of the system functions. But most important in this release are the strengthened security and safety systems. In this release:
- Improved Chat
- Updated WYSIWYG editor
- Workshops in Courses and Programs
- “Optimistic” and “Pessimistic” import of users
- Enhanced security
– password policy, CAPCHA
– scan uploaded files for viruses
– the security log
– daily safety report
- Chart for analysis in the summary report
- Other improvements:
– Added search function for Course Catalog
– Added badge of count for new and unsuccessfully done tasks
– Added badge «waiting for check» for test tasks
– New access condition in Programs
– Polls 360 – new option for selection of respondents
– Improved editor for question with HTML picture map
In general we have made more than 100 development tasks in this release.
Continue reading Collaborator v. 1.23.0 – Enhanced security, new features for chat, workshops as element of courses and training programs and other improvements.
В этой версии:
- Оптимизация функции “Комплексный тест”
- Опция посчета результата по Комплексному тесту
- Статистика в отчете по заданию
- Улучшенная “История обучения”
- Автосохранение вопросов теста
- Виджет “Активные и результативные”
- Сортировка вопросов в опросе
- Возможность заходить в задания по истечению срока выполнения
- Экспорт вопросов теста в текстовый формат
выполнено более 90 задач на разработку, оптимизацию и улучшение.
Сейчас у нас в Украине в рамках проекта «Електронне врядування задля підзвітності влади та участі громади» (EGAP) ведутся работы по организации и разработке дистанционного обучения государственных служащих, которые будут задействованы в Электронном управлении. Мы участвуем в разработке части электронных курсов вместе с другими экспертами из 5-ти регионов нашей страны.
22-24 февраля в Национальной академии государственного управления при Президенте Украины проводилась конференция, семинары и тренинги участников проекта. Одним из приглашенных тренеров была Дэлин Гусен (Dalene Goosen, Cape Town Area, South Africa) – эксперт и консультант в области eLearning.
Мы постоянно проводим мониторинг работы Collaborator у каждого нашего клиента. Что уже позволяет нам своевременно выявлять и устранять дефекты, которые могут возникнуть. Но чтобы исключить само появление дефектов мы внедрили в процесс разработки автоматическое тестирование.
Collaborator регулярно развивается, с каждым месяцем становиться удобней, полезней и эффективней.
В этой версии:
- Пользуемся вебинарами через Collaborator!
- Контролируем публикацию
- Меняем шрифт и размер текста в редакторе
- Узнаем кто сейчас в системе?
- Узнаем и модерируем новые комментарии
- Украшаем систему фоновой картинкой в заголовке
- Узнаем сколько в среднем потратили времени на тест
- и другие (>60) улучшения и оптимизации
LMS Collaborator is an e-learning platform for staff development and cooperation. It was released in 2013 by the Ukrainian developers team. The purpose of development – the creation of a technically modern alternative to the existing systems of distance learning in companies and organizations. Collaborator – is one app that works effectively on all modern devices and browsers, and practically independent of the software of user environment. LMS Collaborator is based on the REST API methodology, which allows it to quickly, flexibly and without conflicts integrate into any information ecosystem.
Collaborator in Latin means the Employee. We focus on use of the platform for adult learning and constantly adjust the development under the relevant objectives of the process.
Collaborator is also called learning management system that reflects only one aspect of the use of our platform. On the other hand Collaborator is a system of automated knowledge creation organization which is growing, filling with resources and internal communications in the course of training and employee engagement.
Collaborator homepage contains different widgets to display operational information.
Numerous add-on modules extend the functions of the system and facilitate user collaboration: work tasks tracker, forum, chat, polls, as described in 360 °, a news ticker, wiki-encyclopedia, alerts and voting, and many others.
In addition, there is also the inner side of the system – data collection. Collaborator captures all user actions, their activity in learning and interaction. Constantly accumulated a large database and its information can be effectively analyzed with the help of dynamic reports and infographics that reflect the specified data sampling conditions.
Collaborator system is already successfully established itself and is used by many companies, has partners in the USA, Germany, China and Kazakhstan. Our clients include such well-known brands such as MTI, Brocard, Omron Healthcare Ukraine, Bank Trust, EasyPay, Prozorro and others.
The ideology of the traning organization
The main purpose of Collaborator platform – implementation of educational portals for companies and organizations. Education is focused on a conscious adult contingent.
Therefore, based on the learning process the principle of learning by setting goals. Each employee receives a list of educational tasks to be executed. This may be a self-study books, videos or articles on the Internet, the performance of the test or filling in the survey questionnaire, passing a training course or an entire training program.
Completing quests can be limited in time or indefinite leave. Each job contains training resources, which are essential for its formulation or execution.
Teaching materials and resources
The Collaborator Educational Resources are separate system objects. This approach allows us to use them repeatedly in different jobs and with different parameters. For example, the same test can be used in one job permission verification answers, and the other with a time limit, and fewer problems in the sample.
The resource can be a file (video, audio, e-book), a web page, website, link to the Internet, the SCORM module, and so on, any object that can be displayed by the browser. Certain types of training resources that are designed not only to view, are tests, integration tests and surveys. Of the resources, tests and surveys collected Courses. The combination of courses and resources, tests and surveys form the curriculum.
Collaborator includes built-in tools for creating, converting and editing Resources, Tests and Surveys. Audio and video files are automatically converted to the format that works in all browsers and on all devices. Presentation MS Power Point and PDF formats will be converted to web format, MS Word documents and Google Docs – in a web page, etc.
All published resources form Collaborator Knowledge Base portal. Resources allocated to the tree of categories and additional markings differ.
Besides resource knowledge base automatically switches on all the news article wiki-encyclopedia and forum posts.
Contextual search the Knowledge Base allows you to quickly find the desired information. This takes into account the selected category and given the label of resources and access rights to the current user’s information.
Communication tools and gamification
At the Collaborator, there are many ways to organize communication and communication between users:
- ads and notifications about events;
- commenting on educational tasks;
- forum discussions;
- polls and vote;
- formulation and discussion of work tasks (TaskTracker);
In the Collaborator regularly develope and integrate gamification tools:
- counting school rankings, success and ranking of educational activity of the user;
- assessment of user comments and posts – the formation of an expert rating;
- scale achievements and user rating;
- and other instruments.
Reports and performance monitoring of users
Colloborator collects and stores detailed information about user activity and their learning outcomes. In real time, you can learn
- how the progress on the date of certification units,
- the speed with which viewed the training materials,
- some test questions for users were the most difficult or easy,
- what resources are the most popular,
- that the portal user uses most often
- and much more
The architecture of the data warehouse allows you to get reports of any complexity. Built-in filtering and infographics tools help to quickly analyze data and find answers to some questions of the learning process.
Main technical features
A stack of technologies and concepts on which is built Collaborator: PHP, NodeJs, nginx, Redis, MySQL, ElasticSearch, HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, Boorstrap CSS, REST API.
- modern web technologies that allow Collaborator system to equally run on desktop
- computers and mobile devices;
- security course materials, and ways of access to the educational portal;
- no need to install additional software on user workstations;
- easy scaling solutions, high productivity and performance at high loads;
- flexible and fast retrieval of information;
- clean, ergonomic and user-friendly interface;
- and flexible integration with any data exchange information systems.