We released Collaborator version 1.33.0!
We implemented new functionality for Summary reports, additional fields in User profile and a filter in Birthdays. In addition, there are new types of reminders for Tasks and new settings for displaying of Contacts in the system.
- Custom reports page
- New features in Summary Reports
- Birthdays filter
- Dispatching of Birthdays notifications: new settings
- Displaying of selected tasks in Catalog
- Information about business contacts – a new field in User profile + “Assignment date to current position”
- Reminders about status of own tasks limited by date
- Reminders about beginning of tasks with calendar period
- Contacts display settings
1. Custom reports page
Each company has its own needs, particularities, and training strategy. Accordingly, each company needs an individual approach to analysis of statistics on employee training. We implemented Custom reports page for this purpose in Collaborator 1.33.0.
For example, supermarket chain needs to receive a custom report on training performed at all stores during the last month. Such report should include number of employees, number of tasks and overall success rate for each of them. This can be done using our special reports.
To get such a report, tell us what should be displayed as a result, and we will collect the necessary information from the system and configure report template. Reports can be downloaded in Excel format.
2. New features in Summary Reports
Now you can enable detailing of Programs and Complex tests results in Summary report parameters.
If this parameter is enabled, the summary report will show the marks for each component in addition to the final results in the Program or the Complex Test.
More information about functionality of the Summary Reports can be found in previous digests:
- v.1.12.0 — Updating of Summary report
- v.1.15.0 — Summary report to test results
- v.1.23.0 — Summary report: diagram for analysis
3. Birthdays filter
Recently we added new page into Information section. This page displays birthdays of all employees (read about this in digest about version 1.31.0).
In new version of Collaborator, it is possible to review all birthdays during the selected period of time. To do this, we added a date range filter with calendar.
4. Dispatching of Birthdays notifications: new settings
In this version of Collaborator, you can configure dispatching of notifications about Birthdays within the specified groups.
Currently this function requires description of groups in JSON format. But our support group will help you with creation and customization of it.
In previous digests we have already described Birthdays functions, which available in Collaborator:
- v.1.11.0 — Happy Birthday widget
- v.1.28.0 — New option for Birthday greeting
- v.1.29.0 — Birthdays widget – changed appearance
- v.1.31.0 — Separate page for Birthdays and automatic dispatch of birthday greetings
5. Displaying of selected tasks in Catalog
Using task Catalog users can choose training courses, books, self-test tests by themselves as well as enroll for a learning program or training.
Previously, only new tasks were displayed for users, while those that have been already selected were hidden. In this version of Collaborator, all tasks remain visible in Catalog. When a task is selected, the system changes its status. You can start completing of task one more time by clicking on it in Catalog.
More about functions of task Catalog here:
- v.1.25.0 — “Catalog of courses” evolution
- v.1.26.0 — New in Catalog
- v.1.30.0 — “Refuse” function in tasks on user’s choice
- v.1.31.0 — Cancelling of task on user’s choice only before completing
6. Information about business contacts – a new field in User profile + “Assignment date to current position”
Now you can display more information in User profile.
First, there is a new field with work contacts. It can be a working e-mail, an internal phone number, an additional mobile number, etc.
Secondly, you can add information about period of stay at current position. Assignment date to current position can be inserted manually by Administrator or obtained during data synchronization with company’s personnel system.
User profile functions have constantly evolved since the first versions of Collaborator. More about it can be found in previous digests:
- v.1.2.0 — Login via Facebook and Google accounts
- v.1.21.0 — External ID in User profile
- v.1.26.0 — User profile and rating from external system
- v.1.27.0 — Novelty in User profile
7. Reminders about status of own tasks limited by date
Administrator can enable option of automatic dispatching of reminders, which will notify users about pending tasks. To reduce number of notification sent to his e-mail, users may turn on a new setting “Send only for tasks that are limited by date”. Then user will receive only such notifications.
More details about notifications for pending, forgotten and failed tasks in our previous digests:
- v.1.11.0 — Notifications about pending tasks
- v.1.17.0 — Notifications about forgotten tasks
- v.1.31.0 — Keeping managers informed about tasks of subordinates
8. Reminders about beginning of tasks with calendar period
User receives e-mail notification when he is assigned for a task. However, sometimes task with calendar period can be assigned in advance – before the beginning of completion. So user can simply forget about it. Therefore, in new version of the system, we added an additional reminder. Three days before the start of the task, user will receive reminder about it.
9. Contacts display settings
By default, user contact information is not shared to everyone. Only user can decide whether he want or no to show own phone, e-mail, date of birthday, etc. But in some companies there could be special corporate culture and, for example, all working e-mails should contain user information.
Now Administrator can change user settings with a single click. In our example – enable displaying of all e-mails.
Those roles who have rights to “Edit other users” can do it via contact settings button.
In these settings, you can specify what information should be shared: phone, e-mail or birthdays.
Contact function was released in Collaborator v.1.29.0. Here we briefly described how it works:
Do you have any suggestions or a bright idea, which can make Collaborator even better? Then write to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lmscollaborator/. And, perhaps, your idea will be realized in the next release.